We are seeking a motivated, highly capable engineer to join our iOS development team. You are a self-starter, excited to create meaningful impact through applications that support thousands of customers and millions of consumers every day. You'll own projects from start to finish, working closely with our product and design team, applying scalable development patterns, maintainable code practices, and sharp technical decisions that inform and direct the architecture of the future. We offer a high freedom/high responsibility work environment, competitive salary, and generous stock options.
- Design, develop, test and deliver new features for the iOS app
- Improve and enhance existing code using modern patterns and practices
- Review and respond to app crashes, field issues, and customer feedback
- Ramp quickly on new and existing technologies, apply them to complex problems, and share your learnings with the team
- Strong working knowledge of Objective C (+ iOS SDK) and Swift. C++ experience a plus.
- 2+ years of software development experience for iOS
- Ideally at least one published app in the App Store -- include links in your resume
- Clear understanding of OOP, concurrency, synchronization, memory management and all the little things that make development complicated and interesting
- Clear understanding of how networks work (TCP, UDP, sockets, HTTP, TLS etc) -- eg, how long does it take to send a 10 kB email over 1 Gbps Google Fiber link and why
- Excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and good sense of humor
- Conscientiousness and attention to detail
- Equally comfortable working collaboratively or independently #zr