Our project involves writing backend business logic and algorithms to support sophisticated payments capabilities including bill payment, account-to-account (A2A) and person-to-person (P2P) payments. We are looking to expand our existing team of developers on the project by adding Sr. Backend Ruby Developers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or the equivalent in experience is required.
- Experience developing, launching, and managing highly scalable applications for at least five years.
- Experience in the financial services and/or fintech industry strongly preferred with an understanding of banking, payments, and exception management.
- Passion for Ruby backend application development with the ability to act as a primary contributor on a smaller but growing development team.
- Development experience on a team that is expanding while implementing new product features and service-based requests.
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining solutions that meet the needs of substantial user bases and transaction loads.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Must be willing to operate in a backend development capacity (again this is Ruby backend development, not Ruby on Rails).
- Ability to write and maintain Ruby code according to community standards including documentation and comments .
- Experience developing and deploying within Amazon Web Services (AWS) is preferred.
- Understanding of and ability to complete system integration tasks via REST/JSON APIs and possibly SOAP/XML.
- Knowledge of developing money movement and transaction-based systems would be very advantageous.
- Must be able to prioritize projects by striking a balance between quality, speed, and the bottom line, as well as a grasp the user and downstream system impacts of the solutions and features you construct.
- Must be willing to operate as a key contributor, maintaining your own efficiency on your own initiative while enabling the success of other team members.
- Integration with third party APIs
- Enhancements in already integrated APIs
- SOAP/JSON APIs structuring
- Bug fixes