Senior Web Fullstack Developer
The role of the Senior Web Fullstack Developer your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s users interfaces. This role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications.
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work.
- Document all work to departmental and company standards (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Use company project management and other software (Jira, Safe, etc) appropriately per company best practices
- Reviewing projects post-mortem for process refinements for future estimating
- Promoting a project culture that encourages continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure proper implementation of product features and handle product related issues/defects with urgency
- Participate and monitor development team progress including implementation of coding standards and code reviews, build processes, and testing
- Work closely with the entire project team to ensure that all designs and architectural decisions align to meet the project scope, budget, and timeline
- Participate in design review activities to ensure alignment to the architectural approach
- Responsible for maintaining source control management
- Deliver across the entire life cycle requirements capture, design, build, deploy, test, and release to the app store and support
- Communicate in order to ensure the client understands the relevant technical aspects of the mobile application regardless of the mobile platform
- Enhance existing products and/or drive new product development
- Provide written and verbal communications, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Responsible for participating in daily or weekly standups
- Ensure that standards and processes are being adhered to. Identify standards processes that can be improved to the benefit of the project or the department, or that should otherwise be revisited
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional web development experience
- Proficiency and/or expertise in any of the following PHP, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, and other relevant coding languages (Back-End)
- Strong understanding of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS systems
- Understanding the underlying systems on which web applications are developed
- Preferred but not required:
- Experience creating REST-based web-services
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Experience with scaling high-traffic systems
Skills and Characteristics
- Solid communication (written and verbal), presentation, and listening skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including clients
- Design applications in such a way as future enhancements would be easily accommodated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Intelligent, creative problem solving.
- Desire to learn and improve existing technical skills.
- A passion for technology in general